NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

4 posters

How to get into Dek Hockey?

Devon
    Devon

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

How to get into Dek Hockey? Empty How to get into Dek Hockey?

Post  Devon Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Hello,

I've been signed up to the forum for a while, but have never enquired previously. How do you go about getting into Dek Hockey? What equipment is needed etc?
    Any replies greatly received.

Cheers.
    Craggles
    Craggles

Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

How to get into Dek Hockey? Empty Re: How to get into Dek Hockey?

Post  Craggles Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:02 pm

hello devon. glad you have made the enquiry. you dont really need too much to play dek hockey. all you need is a pair of gloves and a stick.maybe some trainers too. you cant play in wellies. football shin pads are what the softies use to protect themselves too. you may want to get some of them. apart from that a good attitude for team work and a willingness to learn. experience playing hockey is not really essential. you will be surprised at just how quickly you will pick it up. why dont you stick your name down for sundays match and get yourself along. fitness is not a key part of the game as we are all usually wrecked after 5 minutes. i hope to see you around. next sunday i will be playing. greetz. craig.
    Mrs L
    Mrs L

Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

Post  Mrs L Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:44 am

also I'm sure if you wanted to come along and give it a try but don't want to commit to buying gloves or a stick some of the guys willbe willing to lend you some equiptment so you can have a go. Just post your name asnd ask if you could borrow some stuff, sure we'll be able to sort something out between us. Feel free to pop along this sunday and just watch for a bit if you like, and have a chat. Hope to see you sooon Very Happy
    Devon
    Devon

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Devon Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:02 am

Thanks for the replies guys. Can't make this Sunday unfortunately as I'm away to Sheffield with my little boy, he plays under 10 for Whitley Mischief's.
    I'd love to pop along to the next session though, I'll keep my eye's open for the posts with details.
    REDWING
    REDWING

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Post  REDWING Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Devon wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. Can't make this Sunday unfortunately as I'm away to Sheffield with my little boy, he plays under 10 for Whitley Mischief's.
    I'd love to pop along to the next session though, I'll keep my eye's open for the posts with details.

Come along Eric, you will enjoy it
    G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm