NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

4 posters

Dekstars playing staff - Appointments

Bazza

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

Dekstars playing staff - Appointments Empty Dekstars playing staff - Appointments

Post  Bazza Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:17 am

Following a discussion at the Corner House this afternoon, I am pleased to announce that the role of captain has been offered to and accepted by James 'Leafy' Dixon. The roles of alternate captains have been offered to and accepted by James Grabham and Steve 'Oddity' Dickson.

Their job will primarily be on court organisation and discipline, including any liaising with officials. I am sure you will give James and his alternate captains every support whilst competing for the Dekstars and also show them the respect they deserve in their new roles.

I am also pleased to announce that Ali Cree has accepted our offer to provide coaching to NE dekstars. Ali's experience is essential should we wish to progress and elevate the Dekstars to the level that our commitment and desire deserves. Gary Hellens has also offered to take coaching sessions and pass on his coaching knowledge. The experience that Ali and Gary have to offer is massive and we need to show them the respect they deserve for offering their time to progress our level of performance.
    Rossco

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-10-12

Dekstars playing staff - Appointments Empty Re: Dekstars playing staff - Appointments

Post  Rossco Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 pm

i dont mean to sound contreversial or sound like i am totally against like i am grabham bashing here and i no i cant attend all the time because of work etc but i disagree with the appointment of grabham as an assistant i think personally he is 2 up and down mood wise i think
    any captain or assisstant should work hard at both ends of the court something i havent seen him do i no he is very committed and puts time in but whats best for the torney ??
    REDWING
    REDWING

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Dekstars playing staff - Appointments Empty Re: Dekstars playing staff - Appointments

Post  REDWING Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Bazza wrote:Following a discussion at the Corner House this afternoon, I am pleased to announce that the role of captain has been offered to and accepted by James 'Leafy' Dixon. The roles of alternate captains have been offered to and accepted by James Grabham and Steve 'Oddity' Dickson.

Their job will primarily be on court organisation and discipline, including any liaising with officials. I am sure you will give James and his alternate captains every support whilst competing for the Dekstars and also show them the respect they deserve in their new roles.

I am also pleased to announce that Ali Cree has accepted our offer to provide coaching to NE dekstars. Ali's experience is essential should we wish to progress and elevate the Dekstars to the level that our commitment and desire deserves. Gary Hellens has also offered to take coaching sessions and pass on his coaching knowledge. The experience that Ali and Gary have to offer is massive and we need to show them the respect they deserve for offering their time to progress our level of performance.

No point in 2 of us planning the coaching, one person, one persons ideas, I know from experience, that when you have 2 different inputs into a team you end up with differences of opinion that benefit no one.

I'm happy to help out but Think Ali should decide how he wants you to play as a team after all he is more likely to be playing in the nationals with you.
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  Leafy Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 am

Rossco wrote:i dont mean to sound contreversial or sound like i am totally against like i am grabham bashing here and i no i cant attend all the time because of work etc but i disagree with the appointment of grabham as an assistant i think personally he is 2 up and down mood wise i think
    any captain or assisstant should work hard at both ends of the court something i havent seen him do i no he is very committed and puts time in but whats best for the torney ??

Following the meeting after our last session we decided that the appointment of our player roles would be given primarily to those who show outright team spirit and commitment to the cause. This was decided after our last showing at the Spring Classic where said team spirit was non-existent, which is the fundamental issue we need to rekindle throughout the whole squad, and both Grabham and Steve epitomise that commitment.

I know Tournaments have been one of the main issues of late but the decision of the Dekstars C and A's have not been influenced purely with tourneys in mind. We are looking toward long term development so we can continue to grow the sport in the North East, attract potential new players and consistently supply high quality Dekstar teams to national tournaments.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:17 am