NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+4
Vicarage
small but deadly
Bazza
freakshow
8 posters

My concerns before Rotherham

freakshow
    freakshow

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

My concerns before Rotherham Empty My concerns before Rotherham

Post  freakshow Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 am

Before I list them, I want to make it clear this is not a dig at any individual, more of an overall observation from previous tournament, and sunday sessions..

We need in the main more shooting practice.. simple..

When to shoot, how to shoot, speed up the release, different type of shot...
    We have some guys who are not afraid to let rip whenever there is a chance, however as a team this may only be 50% of us.
    The teams at nationals are going to shoot with this heavy ball whenever they see a chance, and we need to be the same..
    The D need to know when to take a shot and when to pass, the forwards when they get a sniff need to be pulling the trigger.
    Because we are all at different skill levels, this is something i feel needs a lot of work collectively.
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

My concerns before Rotherham Empty Re: My concerns before Rotherham

Post  Bazza Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Freak, this is exactly the spirit that wiped out morale at the last tournament in Rotherham, and is something that will be stamped out before the next one. The will be no "general" bitching as not naming individuals could do more damage than mentioning a general concern.. If you have issues these should be raised by PM or in person with Gary, Ali or Leafy rather than for everyone to see on the forum.

Secondly, there is a Nationals thread to stop the forum being over run with individual threads relating to the same tournament. If you have anything that needs to be discussed, please post it there, as everyone will only check that thread for updates.

Bazza
    freakshow
    freakshow

Post  freakshow Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 pm

How is it though..? Isn't this best to be adressed before we go down there..?I'm sorry but we're all adults here and if someone is going to be offended by a member of their own team making a suggestion on something that may form a possible basis of a training session, then boo diddly hoo...
    There may well be a general thread, but I'm using a mobile to post, and can't see the thread for the million stickys...
    small but deadly
    small but deadly

Number of posts : 33

Post  small but deadly Fri May 14, 2010 2:50 pm

isnt this why ali has already set coaching workshops to help people with the help they need...
    freakshow
    freakshow

Post  freakshow Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Yes he has, so all this was is feedback from me so we can look to address a possible weakness of the. squad.
    I don't see what the harm is personally..
    Whats the point in having a forum if not able to discuss things amongst ourselves, or is it now a closed shop and we just fall in line and have no input..?
    small but deadly
    small but deadly

Number of posts : 33

Post  small but deadly Fri May 14, 2010 3:08 pm

freakshow wrote:Yes he has, so all this was is feedback from me so we can look to address a possible weakness of the. squad.

but dont you think maybe thats what the coach/s are there for? if they see a weakness there bound to improve on it. id personally leave it up to them to put the input in.
    Vicarage
    Vicarage

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2009-08-16

Post  Vicarage Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 pm

I'd rather people can air their views to be honest, yes if something needs to be discussed officially about the team it's for the board/coaches, but if people have views on what would improve the team as a whole, surely constructive ideas can only help?
    Vicarage
    Vicarage

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2009-08-16

Post  Vicarage Fri May 14, 2010 3:35 pm

small but deadly wrote:
    but dont you think maybe thats what the coach/s are there for? if they see a weakness there bound to improve on it. id personally leave it up to them to put the input in.

Disagree, a coach can't see everything all of the time, coaching is a two way thing - it needs feedback on areas people feel need strengthening for the focus to be in the right place imo.
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Vicarage wrote:I'd rather people can air their views to be honest, yes if something needs to be discussed officially about the team it's for the board/coaches, but if people have views on what would improve the team as a whole, surely constructive ideas can only help?

Agreed Andrew, but to put it on the forum and not name names is not helping. Ali's held a shooting workshop last week for those he felt needed work, other workshops I'm sure will follow. I'm sure the guys who are playing week in week out know that they need to improve, and know what will improve their game, having another member of the squad point it out is not constructive nor neccessary. In my opinion I would prefer player's shortcomings are discussed with either of the coaches or the player him / herself. I've nothing against constructive criticism but it needs to be at the right time and in the right place.
    Mrs L
    Mrs L

Number of posts : 213

Post  Mrs L Fri May 14, 2010 3:57 pm

first things first it's nice to see people getting passionate about dek again, for awhile I thought I was on my lonesome!
    we all agreed we want to progress and the coaching sessions are all about working as a team to improve individually but also as a team. I agree that coaching is a 2 way thing but think this would be better bought up at the sessions with the coaches, rather than as a critique on the forum. This gives us all far too much time before the next session to ponder on our own inadequacies and leaves room for paranoia, rightly or wrongly. Right now we need to build up skills, confidence and team morale. We need to play to each individuals strengths and build on those rather than focusing on any perceived weakness
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  ali cree Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 pm

I aint massively upset by the thread but I did state that people should pm me or txt me regarding personal issues / team issues that needed addressed (added into workshop) shooting will be priority for months to come along with passing as we simply aren't comfortable with it.

Everything is very true what freak is saying why was the leafy/salem/ross. Line so weak last session? They didn't shoot. I will be completing individual reports for players on what they need to work on along with defensive pairings reports and forward line reports. I would in return like everyone to take part in as much of the remaining sundays as possible.
    Rossco

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-10-12

Post  Rossco Sat May 15, 2010 1:49 am

freakshow wrote:How is it though..? Isn't this best to be adressed before we go down there..?I'm sorry but we're all adults here and if someone is going to be offended by a member of their own team making a suggestion on something that may form a possible basis of a training session, then boo diddly hoo...There may well be a general thread, but I'm using a mobile to post, and can't see the thread for the million stickys...

sorry but didnt a certain some1 spit the dummy last week when i offered my opinion thats a bit hypercrytical in my opinion
    SiBlood
    SiBlood

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2009-06-09

Post  SiBlood Sat May 15, 2010 4:12 am

Everyone needs to calm a little bit! We have a lot of areas that need working on and we are working on them in sessions leading upto the tournament. We only get better with practice and coaching. We have something in place that was not developed enough for the last tournament and that is a coaching element to the setup. We are all grown ups here so we need to accept that our game is not perfect and take analysis/constructiveness on board when it comes to development. It is nice to see a bit of passion though Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:03 am