NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+6
ali cree
Bazza
Helen
captain spalding
Magpie
lynchio
10 posters

Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW

Poll

Should we move our base?

[ 8 ]
    Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_left47%Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_right [47%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_left24%Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_left29%Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    lynchio
    lynchio

Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Empty Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW

Post  lynchio Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:09 am

With the lightfoot being arsey and Hebburn being cheaper and more accessible for most should we move......

They have said if we bring nets they will pay for them so that solves that problem.

Voting open for 7 days
    lynchio
    lynchio

Number of posts : 443

Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW Empty Re: Lets move to hebburn..... VOTE NOW

Post  lynchio Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:49 am

Could I ask those that voted no to elaborate on reasons why?

Same for those who said yes?
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:05 am

was speaking to Robbo briefly about this last night and although Hebburn CA are very acommodating there would be extra cost as in tunnel fee's for those in Nth Tyneside, i know this would be ofset by the cheaper playing cost but it is a factor for some.

i think we/you should press Killingworth as a 'new' home or if goals could be appropriated (stolen Laughing ) try Kenton park (who are also keen to have Hockey back)
    captain spalding

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post  captain spalding Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:06 am

I don't mind either way. 50/50 for travel.
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post  Helen Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 am

Easier for me to drive from Durham. By the same token, I don't want to go to Killingworth - MILES away!!

But I appreciate that people won't want to pay tunnel money - that doesn't affect me at Lightfoot cos I go over the bridge.
    Magpie
    Magpie

Post  Magpie Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 am

Helen wrote:Easier for me to drive from Durham. By the same token, I don't want to go to Killingworth - MILES away!!

But I appreciate that people won't want to pay tunnel money - that doesn't affect me at Lightfoot cos I go over the bridge.

Killingworth would be easier to get to than the Lightfoot for those south of the river.
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:48 am

Voted yes, it seems like a better court, played there twice and the members of staff that have been on duty have been more than helpful and seem keen to have us back. Quite unlike the Lightfoot.
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97

Post  Helen Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 am

Magpie wrote:
    Helen wrote:Easier for me to drive from Durham. By the same token, I don't want to go to Killingworth - MILES away!!

Killingworth would be easier to get to than the Lightfoot for those south of the river.

Yes - but getting past the Metro on a Sunday morning? Specially in run-up to Christmas etc.
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  ali cree Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 am

I said yes!

I think the facility is better suited as we don't have the problem of the puck going off court into doorways etc which can get annoying especially when playing on defense and clearing the puck.

The seating area is ideal aswell as we are sure to pull in the crowds for any competative games played there! Maybe even a line up similar to durham!

Players could sub from raised areas or the doors which are either end of the hall.

Finally there is also a bar on site to entertain our sponsors and each other.

On sponsorship how does the mobilx dekstars sound? Lol
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post  Pope Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 am

It was a no for me. Travel being the main issue. If I can't get a lift then I'd have to catch the 7.45am bus to get there for a 10am start, and I know that would never happen on a Sunday Very Happy
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  Leafy Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:41 am

I'm not voting on the basis that I haven't played at hebburn so i'll let others decide
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Only issues for me are the hassle of driving in Sunderland, which I really don't enjoy, and also that a Newcastle based location is more convenient life-wise.

If it's a better court though I'm up for it I guess, even though I voted no, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

And frankly, who can argue with the case as argued by Mr Cree, quite convincing. After match drinkies have been sadly lacking since we started facing off at ten!
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 pm

kingy wrote:Only issues for me are the hassle of driving in Sunderland, which I really don't enjoy, and also that a Newcastle based location is more convenient life-wise.

If it's a better court though I'm up for it I guess, even though I voted no, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

And frankly, who can argue with the case as argued by Mr Cree, quite convincing. After match drinkies have been sadly lacking since we started facing off at ten!

Why would you want to go anywhere near Sunderland?
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Bazza wrote:
    kingy wrote:Only issues for me are the hassle of driving in Sunderland, which I really don't enjoy, and also that a Newcastle based location is more convenient life-wise.

Why would you want to go anywhere near Sunderland?

It's Sunderland in my head!!!

I always get lost on that shitty junction system around the tunnel entrance, but a bit of googling shows I don't need to go that far up to get to Hebburn. I'm such a dimwit for not instinctively knowing the location of such a powerhouse of the northeast economy. I will try and do better next time.
    Magpie
    Magpie

Post  Magpie Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 pm

How do you end up driving through sunderland ? scratch
    from your neck of the woods you needn't go anywhere near the place Laughing
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Magpie wrote:

I think you'll find that Baz already pointed out that I'm geographically clueless. Anyone else fancy having a pop about it? Roll up, roll up...... jocolor

The last time i was there I passed through Sunderland. Of course I was coming from a completely different place to where I live! I'm dim, don't pick on me. Sad
    Magpie
    Magpie

Post  Magpie Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:57 pm

kingy wrote:
    Magpie wrote:

I think you'll find that Baz already pointed out that I'm geographically clueless. Anyone else fancy having a pop about it? Roll up, roll up...... jocolor

The last time i was there I passed through Sunderland. Of course I was coming from a completely different place to where I live! I'm dim, don't pick on me. Sad

never saw the posts after your initial one mate Laughing
    i know what you mean about sunderland though, my car simply refuses to go anywhere near the place, and once driving on the A19 my daughter had a go at me because she caught a glimpse of Gimp city Laughing
    frank

Number of posts : 20

Post  frank Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:18 am

I voted no simply because of where I live playing at the lightfoot centre means its a couple of hours out of my sunday when I am off, going to heburn only increases the amount of time dek would take up for me on a sunday.

just not an option for me.

Frank

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:42 pm