NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+14
Warrior81
Lynne
ali cree
Pope
Magpie
jgrabham
oddity
freakshow
Mrs L
captain spalding
Vicarage
Leafy
Rossco
Bazza
18 posters

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Bazza

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! Empty NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Post  Bazza Wed May 12, 2010 11:34 am

I've started this thread so that we don't end up with a multitude of threads relating to one tournament. Feel free to post anything related in here.
    Bazza

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! Empty Re: NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Post  Bazza Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 am

Leafy will be collecting money for team coach this weekend.

Can you also tell Leafy where you need picked up / dropped off from.

There are also a number of seats still available if you want to bring anyone to spectate. This also goes for any Dekstars who are not playing but want to come and cheer your team on.
    Rossco

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-10-12

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! Empty Re: NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Post  Rossco Thu May 13, 2010 3:47 am

is it possible to pay installments coz i am a tramp at the mo saving for holiday ALSO R WE GETTIN HOODIES FOR NATIONALS 2
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Thu May 13, 2010 4:18 am

If anyone wants hoodies I can order them but with Nationals and new team shirts to pay for maybe it would be better to wait a while. If there's enough for Nationals I'll put an order in.
    Bazza

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! Empty Team coach music

Post  Bazza Tue May 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Grabham has said he would burn some CDs to listen to on the way to Rotherham, so as something to motivate all of us, can you each PM Grabham with your 3 favourite songs.
    Bazza

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! Empty Team Kit

Post  Bazza Tue May 18, 2010 2:03 pm

As Ali has posted elsewhere, as well as shirts, we need to come up with a uniform colour for shorts / socks so we look like a team. Could I suggest black shorts and socks, which I think most people will have?
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  Leafy Wed May 19, 2010 4:33 am

Bazza wrote:As Ali has posted elsewhere, as well as shirts, we need to come up with a uniform colour for shorts / socks so we look like a team. Could I suggest black shorts and socks, which I think most people will have?

will we have our new shirts for nationals? just thinking with regards to kit colours it may be easier (?) if we went with white shorts/socks (presuming we'll be using our light shirts if not our new ones)
    Vicarage
    Vicarage

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2009-08-16

Post  Vicarage Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 pm

If you are using white tops, mine again is spare if anyone need to borrow it.
    captain spalding

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post  captain spalding Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 am

We won't have new tops for nationals, but should be possible for apollo cup. Just awaiting enough orders
    Rossco

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-10-12

Post  Rossco Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 am

i vote white shorts and socks with the white tops
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 am

White shorts and socks it is then!
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  Leafy Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

As Ali mentioned it would be good to try and meet up post-tourney for a few crisp bevvies. Immediately i thought that (logistically) the Sunday wouldn't really work given times, drop-offs, etc.

Getting together for a bit on the monday would be good craic if everyone can though, even if just for the one...we will be celebrating being national champions of course!
    Mrs L
    Mrs L

Number of posts : 213

Post  Mrs L Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am

like the sound of that, in newcastle?
    freakshow
    freakshow

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Post  freakshow Thu May 27, 2010 7:51 am

I could do 1 or 2 straight after work, as I am not taking the day off..

(Injury free is the hope, so I could do a quick sharp harp...)
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 am

I am taking the day off, and will also be off Tuesday, so I'm up for a swift few!
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Thu May 27, 2010 1:26 pm

FROM ROB CLAYTON

It is a round robin format. Games will be two ten minute halves. Running clock except for last two minutes of the game. Each team is allowed one time out (which will stop the clock) in each game.

The first placed side will qualify automatically for the final. 2nd and 3rd will meet in a semi final to decide the second finalist. Fourth place is eliminated.

If the semi, or final, finishes in a tie, they will be decided on a penalty shoot out. Three shots each. If we still don't have a winner we go to sudden death, with the same three shooters rotating in the same order.

Fees are yet to be determined, but I will get back to you asap.

Squads are a maximum of 17 players (including goalies).

Last edited by Bazza on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 am

As posted in the DekDay4 thread, could all Nationals players hang around for 15 - 20 minutes after the game on SUnday to discuss final arrangements for kit etc.
    oddity
    oddity

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  oddity Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 am

Only 4 teams? I thought there was an Olympic Slovakian team playing?
    jgrabham

Number of posts : 238

Post  jgrabham Sat May 29, 2010 2:58 am

So far I have Leafy's request and that's it. If all else fails, I'm bringing the Vipers CDs, Sweet Caroline and Summer of 69 all the way there Twisted Evil
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Sat May 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Must remember mp3 then!!
    freakshow
    freakshow

Post  freakshow Sun May 30, 2010 5:47 am

I'm a serious doubt now for Sunday, can't even get off the sofa..
    Will have to see how I go through the week..
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Sun May 30, 2010 10:10 am

freakshow wrote:I'm a serious doubt now for Sunday, can't even get off the sofa..
    Will have to see how I go through the week..

looked like a muscle spasm mate, should settle down with some rest and deep heat methinks.

on this theme though if i can't get this toothache sorted have to be a doubt myself! in hindsight shouldn't have bothered today as last 15 mins wasn't even watching the play

silent
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post  Pope Sun May 30, 2010 10:18 am

Magpie wrote:
    on this theme though if i can't get this toothache sorted have to be a doubt myself! in hindsight shouldn't have bothered today as last 15 mins wasn't even watching the play
    silent
    Looking the same for me, I'm not in a good way, though will see how I go over next few days. Apologies for my poor performance today, standing up was taking most my concentration.
    freakshow
    freakshow

Post  freakshow Sun May 30, 2010 11:21 am

It's more than a spasm I think, I can't walk, the slightest movement is sending pains down my legs.
    I'm in bloody agony...
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Mon May 31, 2010 12:57 am

On the plus side, Gibby's ribs are just bruised and not broken, so we still have 6 D men and 8 forwards. If we roll with 3 lines then Johnny, Ali or Myself have all played forward and could double shift as a forward on the 3rd line.

I'm more concerned at the fitness / injury status of the referees. We were taking 2 "homers" away, now we could have to put up with what we get. Come on Dave and Kev.....get well again!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:33 am