NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+14
Warrior81
Lynne
ali cree
Pope
Magpie
jgrabham
oddity
freakshow
Mrs L
captain spalding
Vicarage
Leafy
Rossco
Bazza
18 posters

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Bazza

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! - Page 2 Empty Re: NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Post  Bazza Mon May 31, 2010 12:59 am

Get your music requests to Grabsmen too. If not it will be Vipers CD's all the way to that Yorkshire.
    Bazza

NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE! - Page 2 Empty Re: NATIONALS CHAT - TRY AND KEEP THE FORUM IN ORDER....ANY NATIONALS TOPICS TO DISCUSS DO IT HERE!

Post  Bazza Mon May 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Can we have an update on the injuries please?

Dave, Kev, Freak and Gibby....how ya doing?
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  ali cree Mon May 31, 2010 1:55 pm

I've got gibby a medical on friday morning seen him last night, tried tickling his ribs but he wouldn't let me. I personaly think he is hurting more than he says but I'm gonna go see him on friday or saturday to make sure he is good!

I think a big factor in the tournament is the officiating, not for results but players general safety games can get totally out of hand otherwise. I as stated before am extremely grateful for the refs giving up their time and I believe all teams would feel the same as both kev and dave are the only 2 "official refs in the uk" .
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post  Pope Mon May 31, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm still struggling quite badly today. Yesterday was a complete write off when I got home. I'm going to see the doc Wednesday and hope that by then things might be looking better. I will do everything possible to be there.
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Mon May 31, 2010 3:02 pm

as for me, got a dentist appointment on wednesday , had an awful week, been in a lot of pain! and not able to eat much,

but, had a fairly calm day and only had 1 lot of pain relief so fingers crossed lol
    freakshow
    freakshow

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Post  freakshow Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 am

I spent all day sunday in bed or cabbaged on the sofa, yesterday was a little better, managing to do a bit of hovering and pick the kids up, so hopefully this was muscular more than anything.
    I am posting this from work so managed to make the journey in this morning.
    I'm currently popping tramadol and Diclofenac alongside ibuprofen.
    I'll be there one way or another, even if it's just to stand on the bench...
    Lynne

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-10-13

Post  Lynne Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:27 am

freakshow wrote:I spent all day sunday in bed or cabbaged on the sofa, yesterday was a little better, managing to do a bit of hovering and pick the kids up, so hopefully this was muscular more than anything.
    I am posting this from work so managed to make the journey in this morning.

I think you are taking too many tablets if you are hovering! Hoovering may keep you grounded more lol!
    Magpie
    Magpie

Post  Magpie Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:30 am

freakshow wrote:

i was advised not to take Diclofenic alongside the Tramadol as the doc said one would cancel the other out !
    Magpie
    Magpie

Post  Magpie Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:38 am

incidently i posted something on THF regarding the tourney and Dek in general,

why not post something i may have missed Laughing

http://www.thehockeyforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64836
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am

Update from Facebook, Arnold now only entering 1 team, Fosse City have been asked to enter a team in their place.
    freakshow
    freakshow

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Post  freakshow Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Do we have definite time for the bus yet mate?

I should be good to go on Sunday, and thanks to Ali for inviting my sister...
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Info for Sunday....

Fosse City have been unable to cobble a team together given such short notice therefore the first round will be a round robin of 3 teams playing each other twice. As Wolves are the top seeded team they have the pick of the draw, only playing back to back games once, Dekstars and Ice Tigers play back to back twice. The first game is now Wolves v Dekstars, which looks like they may want to take advantage of our "bus legs". The top 2 teams then go onto play each other in the final.

Game fees are £80 per team which for the Dekstars works out at a little less than £5 per player. This will be collected on the bus so we're not running about looking for people to pay once we're there. Wolves are picking up the tab for their team which dropped out.

Bus times are....Blackett Street, Bus Stop beside Greggs / Fenwick's 1PM, Harlow Green 1.15PM, Arnison Centre 1.40PM, Aycliffe Services 2PM. This should get us to Rotherham for no later than 4.30PM. Those who haven't paid can you make sure you have money on the day. There are 8 seats spare so if you want to bring anyone drop me a text to book their place (in the unlikely event that everyone finds a friend before Sunday.

I've got a crate of beer for the return journey, but if anyone else wants to contribute feel free.

In the event of anything happening between now and Sunday which may affect your participation in any way can you let me or Ali know as soon as possible.
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:10 pm

REVISED GAME SCHEDULE
    17.15 Wolves v Dekstars
    17.45 Dekstars v Ice Tigers
    18.15 Ice Tigers v Wolves
    18.45 Wolves v Dekstars
    19.15 Dekstars v Ice Tigers
    19.45 Ice Tigers v Wolves
    Break
    20.45 FINAL - 1st v 2nd
    Warrior81

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Warrior81 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23 am

Almost time to get those game faces on Twisted Evil drunken tongue farao you choose jocolor geek afro lol!
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:28 am

There are still a couple of people who need to pay bus money, having discussed this with Ali and the Captains, it has been agreed that in fairness to all we are adopting a "no pay, no travel" policy as anyone who has organised anything like this will testify getting money off people after the event is almost impossible.

Game fees work out at a fiver per player which I'll also collect on the bus so we're not running about collecting money once we're there.

Can all players please note that we will be wearing our white jerseys and also white shorts / socks / tracksuit bottoms. There should be no shirt clashes with other teams so it will not be neccessary to take the dark shirts. Helmets are compulsory for U18's and optional but reccommended for everyone else.

For Newcastle pick ups, can you meet at the bus stop opposite Grey's Monument on Blackett Street, outside of Fenwick's for approximately 12:50. If you are running late please let me or Ali know as soon as possible. Due to our game being first we don't have much time to spare so a heads up would be great. Once we have left Newcastle, I will contact Darren to let him know we're on our way and similarly I'll contact James Grabham and Simon Blood once we've left the previous pick up point.

There are still six seats available for last minute spectators.

I've managed to track down a Chinese takeaway and a pizza / kebab shop for after game food, Helen is going to ring the order in so she will be asking on the way down so as not to disturb matters once we're there.

Can al players who have a black Dekstars t shirt please wear it to travel in,or a plain black t shirt. The company who have hired us the bus want a team photo for their reception so this will be the first job once we get there, time permitting.

Bazza
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Good luck tomorrow guys and gal, go forth and conquer, do us proud! cheers
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post  Helen Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:40 am

Anyone who needs updates texted to them - send me a message 07855 372613
    lynchio
    lynchio

Number of posts : 443

Post  lynchio Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:58 am

I'd wish you luck but you have done all the groundwork and preperation so very little luck will be required.

Go and do yourselves proud and you will return as champions.
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:09 am

This is it guys, time to go and play!
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post  Leafy Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 am

For those of you that aren't coming I'm going to be tweeting final scores from all of the games as they happen.

You can either look on my FB wall, or if you're on twitter you can search #dek (or follow me @dixon10)
    deano
    deano

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-11-12

Post  deano Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:35 am

for anyone who hasnt got facebook or twitter here is the scores from the games

game 1 wolves 1 dekstars 0

game 2 dekstars 2 ice tigers 1

game 3 wolves 1 ice tigers 1

game 4 wolves 3 dekstars 0

game 5 dekstars 4 ice tigers 2

game 6 wolves 6 ice tigers 0

dekstars v wolves final come on boys and girl

dekstars 4 wolves 2 in final and are champions get in there u dekstars enjoy the trip home and bring the cup home

well done guys and girl

Last edited by deano on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    lynchio
    lynchio

Number of posts : 443

Post  lynchio Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 pm

No matter what happens, I couldn't be prouder of such a great group of guys and my wife.

You have done the club and the region proud.
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Come on guys, time to beat the Wolves, they're more than due a defeat and what better time to do it?
    Lynne

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-10-13

Post  Lynne Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Awesome stuff. Those Wolves don't like it up 'em!

Well done to all who trained with dedication, travelled so far and rocked so hard!!!

Enjoy your beers on the way back everyone, you've earned it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:17 pm