NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+10
ali cree
Vicarage
captain spalding
kingy
oddity
Mrs L
Bazza
Magpie
Leafy
jgrabham
14 posters

VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME! Mondays info.

jgrabham

Number of posts : 238
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME!  Mondays info. Empty VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME! Mondays info.

Post  jgrabham Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 am

Right, the tourney is due to start at 10am on Monday, so would like to see you there at 9:30 the cost will be £7 each.

The format will be confirmed on Monday, as it's still undecided if there will be 7 or 8 teams; Sheffield Storm are yet to confirm if they're playing.

If we go with seven teams, we will play a round robin format, with the top four qualifying for the semi finals.

If we go with eight teams, we will split into two groups each playing round robin. Top two from each group will go through to the semis. In addition, the two teams finishing 3rd in their group will play-off for 5th/6th place, and the two teams finishing 4th in their group will play-off for 7th/8th place.

In the case of the eight team tournament the two groups will be based on final placings from the last tournament, with teams who have not compted before being seeded in order that they confirmed their teams (the list of teams above is in seed order). On this basis the groups will be:

Group 1 (1st, 4th, 5th and 8th seeds)

Arnold Wolves
    Sheffield Ice Tigers
    Fosse City Outlaws
    Sheffield Storm

Group 2 (2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th seeds)

Northeast Dekstars
    Arnold Coyotes/Cubs
    Northeast Ignite
    West London

The North East Ignite are Ali, some Uni guys and God knows who else.

TEAM SHEET

NM - Darren Elliot - 00

LW Paul Robinson - 13
    C - James Dixon - 10
    RW - Thomas Bickerdike - NUMBER UNKNOWN MUST CONFIRM

LW Dean Reeve - 37
    C Simon Blood - 88
    RW James Grabham - 39 - C

D Bazza Perryman - 48
    D Steve Dickson - 75

D Martin Brewster - 24
    D Nathan Gibbons - 4

D Ken Farms - NUMBER UNKNOWN

If anyone hasn't got a white dekstars jersey you must let me know ASAP, also if any info is incorrect let me know. Alternate Captains to be confirmed tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by jgrabham on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Leafy
    Leafy

Number of posts : 223
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME!  Mondays info. Empty Re: VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME! Mondays info.

Post  Leafy Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 am

what's the price on Ali's head then?
    jgrabham

VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME!  Mondays info. Empty Re: VERY IMPORTANT - READ ME! Mondays info.

Post  jgrabham Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:55 am

Leafy wrote:what's the price on Ali's head then?

The same as Tim "Dr Hook" McCracken Cool
    Leafy
    Leafy

Post  Leafy Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 am

i hope he's been officially stripped of his C now that he's defected!
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

my information is that Sheffeild Storm will not be attending.

could be wrong though
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:28 pm

£1
    Mrs L
    Mrs L

Number of posts : 213

Post  Mrs L Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:46 pm

just don't let it distract you guys, go get your groove on and enjoy.
    Someone keep me updated please, will have phone on all day
    good luck x x
    oddity
    oddity

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-09-20

Post  oddity Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Ream me? Young man!!!

So, what are Team Slovakia calling themselves for this tourney?
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 pm

oddity wrote:Ream me? Young man!!!

I too thought this was a little inappropriate for a family forum. It's what happens when you hang around with goalies. Smile
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Bazza wrote:
    oddity wrote:Ream me? Young man!!!

I too thought this was a little inappropriate for a family forum. It's what happens when you hang around with goalies. Smile

I thought Dead Reeves was a bit harsh as well tbh!
    captain spalding

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post  captain spalding Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:16 pm

you do know that craggles is meeting us down there and ross may be coming aswell
    Leafy
    Leafy

Post  Leafy Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Bazza wrote:

£1

I'LL TAKE IT!!! Best I can get until I nail a job down!

I think we need some serious 'Dekstar only' conflab going on after we kick some ass and take some names at the tourney
    jgrabham

Post  jgrabham Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:14 pm

captain spalding wrote:you do know that craggles is meeting us down there and ross may be coming aswell

Heard nowt about Craig in weeks, and last I'd heard Ross wasn't playing 'cos of work, but now apparently he may not be working?
    Vicarage
    Vicarage

Number of posts : 106
    Registration date : 2009-08-16

Post  Vicarage Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Light top can be borrowed if anyone needs it, no 26
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  ali cree Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Leafy wrote:i hope he's been officially stripped of his C now that he's defected!

Dont believe i have ever had the C ever before for Dekstars.

I did mention sometime ago that i was going to put a few teams together throughout the Northeast and back in Scotland which in the long run will only benefit the growth of the sport which links in with my role of Vice President for the UK Ball Hockey Team. Having another North East team will give both teams some encouragement to develop rather than having weekly scrimmage sessions.

I had hoped that after the last Dekstars meeting that we would all have pulled together and turned Dekstars into a way more professional team as 90% of people agreed that they wanted to take our sport to the next level. The drive for the last tournament was great having got 26 players together for 2 great teams who over achieved and shocked many top teams at Rotherham. Every player excelled that day but since our return i feel that massive steps back have been made for some unknown reason. I have been promised massive backing from the ISBHF who have pledged to donate a full size rink and pay for shipping here but we still have not got a bank account yet or other basic things in place to approach any local councils for a possible venue.

I would suggest that after Rotherham that we can all sit down again and see if we can get things moving with the development of the sport and Dekstars. I would also like to speak to a few players who Rob Clayton and I would like to try out for the UK Ball Hockey World Championships Team who will play In Slovakia in 2011.

Hope that we can all work together on this and not fall out as i class alot of you good friends.

Please feel free to post any of your thoughts on my above comments as it would be good to know how people honestly feel.

Ali
    Robbo

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post  Robbo Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am

Hey Ali, it's justt a bit of banter. I think what you are attempting to do is both great and very necessary if we want this thing to go anywhere, which I do....shit, it needs to happen soon I'm getting bloody old!!!
    Well done mate, looking forward to seeing you there!
    jgrabham

Post  jgrabham Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am

Gents,

Just another quick update. We have seven teams for the tournament:

1. Arnold Wolves
    2. Northeast Dekstars
    3. Arnold Coyotes/Cubs
    4. Sheffield Ice Tigers
    5. Fosse City Outlaws
    6. Northeast Ignite
    7. West London

I will publish the schedule tomorrow.

The alternate captains will be Leafy and Bazza.
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 am

Ali

I'm quite happy to help out with the administration side of things and help push things forward. I might not be all that on the court but I'm shit hot at project management, organising meetings that go somewhere and getting things done.

We need to draw up a plan- agree what we want and then devise a plan to get us there. We got some vague agreement and a general idea last time out, but I reckon we need to be a bit more specific and agree on some actions, some people to carry out those actions and a timetable for cracking on with it. If it's left to drift, it'll go nowhere.

As for why things fizzled, I think there should be more regular meetings that don't depend on people shambling back knackered from the game- try and seperate the playing from the organising to an extent maybe? Schedule some meetings in advance- say quarterly- with reps from all interested teams and groups.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for this tournament to come and go so I can get back to playing again!

ali cree wrote:
    Leafy wrote:i hope he's been officially stripped of his C now that he's defected!

Dont believe i have ever had the C ever before for Dekstars.

I did mention sometime ago that i was going to put a few teams together throughout the Northeast and back in Scotland which in the long run will only benefit the growth of the sport which links in with my role of Vice President for the UK Ball Hockey Team. Having another North East team will give both teams some encouragement to develop rather than having weekly scrimmage sessions.

I had hoped that after the last Dekstars meeting that we would all have pulled together and turned Dekstars into a way more professional team as 90% of people agreed that they wanted to take our sport to the next level. The drive for the last tournament was great having got 26 players together for 2 great teams who over achieved and shocked many top teams at Rotherham. Every player excelled that day but since our return i feel that massive steps back have been made for some unknown reason. I have been promised massive backing from the ISBHF who have pledged to donate a full size rink and pay for shipping here but we still have not got a bank account yet or other basic things in place to approach any local councils for a possible venue.

I would suggest that after Rotherham that we can all sit down again and see if we can get things moving with the development of the sport and Dekstars. I would also like to speak to a few players who Rob Clayton and I would like to try out for the UK Ball Hockey World Championships Team who will play In Slovakia in 2011.

Hope that we can all work together on this and not fall out as i class alot of you good friends.

Please feel free to post any of your thoughts on my above comments as it would be good to know how people honestly feel.

Ali
    Mrs L
    Mrs L

Number of posts : 213

Post  Mrs L Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am

I really hope we can all sit down together after the tournament too and make plans to get a north east tournament organised for the summer. I was a bit hurt when I heard Ali was going with another team, was a shock, but i can appreciate what he is saying. Like Robbo I'm getting old and I want to cram as much playing hockey into my life as I can, whilst I can. We do seem to have lost the drive and intensity we had in the lead up to the last tournament, and it frustrates and baffles me.
    However, this can all be addressed after the tournament so just go and play you hearts out one and all What a Face
    Warrior81

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Warrior81 Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm

I definitley think things need to be pushed as again I am not getting any younger and would like to play a bit more competitively in the NorthEast/UK/World if possible and if good enough. I haven't been able to make it to many game in the last couple of months but hope to turn this around and get back into it big time. It is a shame we lost alot of players we attracted for the last tournament and that has dropped the pace we were gaining and the teamwork I think a bit. I defo go for more meetings and make more of a go of it, getting more pro/am if you like.

I think one step towards that would be moving this forum to NEIH as suggested in Lynchio's thread that can only help us with attracting more players and a little bit of sponsorship. Also I know it was bounded around a little bit to have our own tournament up here. I think this is something we should go for in the Autumn sometime and maybe get a bit of sponsorship from NEIH for it. I'm sure if we start trying to sort things now we could get it done. Speak to the lightfoot for costs availability etc. If I could I would lead this and take charge but don't think I could right now but would help out. maybe someone like Kingy could get the ball rolling with all of us having some kind of input.

P.S. please keep me informed also as much as possible (0797 600 2625)
    ThomasBic1492
    ThomasBic1492

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-01-30

Post  ThomasBic1492 Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Grabham. I'm no. 14
    deano
    deano

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-11-12

Post  deano Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm

jgrabham wrote:Right, the tourney is due to start at 10am on Monday, so would like to see you there at 9:30 the cost will be £7 each.

The format will be confirmed on Monday, as it's still undecided if there will be 7 or 8 teams; Sheffield Storm are yet to confirm if they're playing.

If we go with seven teams, we will play a round robin format, with the top four qualifying for the semi finals.

If we go with eight teams, we will split into two groups each playing round robin. Top two from each group will go through to the semis. In addition, the two teams finishing 3rd in their group will play-off for 5th/6th place, and the two teams finishing 4th in their group will play-off for 7th/8th place.

In the case of the eight team tournament the two groups will be based on final placings from the last tournament, with teams who have not compted before being seeded in order that they confirmed their teams (the list of teams above is in seed order). On this basis the groups will be:

Group 1 (1st, 4th, 5th and 8th seeds)

Arnold Wolves
    Sheffield Ice Tigers
    Fosse City Outlaws
    Sheffield Storm

Group 2 (2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th seeds)

Northeast Dekstars
    Arnold Coyotes/Cubs
    Northeast Ignite
    West London

The North East Ignite are Ali, some Uni guys and God knows who else.

TEAM SHEET

NM - Darren Elliot - 00

LW Paul Robinson - 13
    C - James Dixon - 10
    RW - Thomas Bickerdike - NUMBER UNKNOWN MUST CONFIRM

LW Dean Reeve - 37
    C Simon Blood - 88
    RW James Grabham - 39 - C

D Bazza Perryman - 48
    D Steve Dickson - 75

D Martin Brewster - 24
    D Nathan Gibbons - 4

D Ken Farms - NUMBER UNKNOWN ken is number 5

If anyone hasn't got a white dekstars jersey you must let me know ASAP, also if any info is incorrect let me know. Alternate Captains to be confirmed tonight or tomorrow.
    Leafy
    Leafy

Post  Leafy Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 am

It is all banter, but I was a bit annoyed when I heard you had another team. If it's been mentioned to others then that's fine, it's just I wasn't aware. I echo Christine's feelings, granted there may have been a few more profanities!

Circumstance seems to have ruled over us recently. I think a lot of the lost drive is from people dropping us in it a bit by not turning up (I know at least one occasion someone has had to dig into their own pockets to square up the money for a session). It also seems that a few people have backed off from involvement in this tournament because it is with a ball not a puck.

If we are going to go ahead with a tourney up here we need to do some major work with the Lightfoot (i.e boards, nets) so it's suitable to host it. The leisure centre at Gateshead is opening up mid-April, I was considering making a phonecall or two to scope them out price-wise as another more centralized option for us.
    jgrabham

Post  jgrabham Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:32 am

SCHEDULE

Approx Time Game Home Team Score Vs Away Team Score Ref 1 Ref 2
    10.00 Game 1 Cubs Vs Ice Tigers Dave Rutherford
    10.15 Game 2 Outlaws Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    10.30 Game 3 Wolves Vs Cubs Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    10.45 Game 4 Ice Tigers Vs Outlaws Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    11.00 Game 5 Ignite Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford
    11.15 Game 6 Dekstars Vs Cubs Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    11.30 Game 7 Outlaws Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    11.45 Game 8 Ice Tigers Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford
    12.00 Game 9 West London Vs Dekstars Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    12.15 Game 10 Cubs Vs Outlaws Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    12.30 Game 11 Wolves Vs West London Dave Rutherford
    12.45 Game 12 Dekstars Vs Ice Tigers Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    13.00 Game 13 Ignite Vs West London Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    13.15 Game 14 Outlaws Vs Dekstars Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    13.30 Game 15 West London Vs Cubs Gaz Roebuck
    13.45 Game 16 Wolves Vs Ice Tigers Dave Rutherford
    14.00 Game 17 Ignite Vs Dekstars Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    14.15 Game 18 West London Vs Outlaws Gaz Roebuck
    14.30 Game 19 Cubs Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    14.45 Game 20 Dekstars Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford
    15.00 Game 21 Ice Tigers Vs West London Gaz Roebuck
    Break
    15.30 Semi 1 Vs Dave Rutherford TBC
    16.00 Semi 2 Vs Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    Break
    16.30 Final Vs Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck

Rob has given us a late start, so could you all be there by about 10:30 at the latest. Thanks.
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:50 am

jgrabham wrote:SCHEDULE

Approx Time Game Home Team Score Vs Away Team Score Ref 1 Ref 2
    10.00 Game 1 Cubs Vs Ice Tigers Dave Rutherford
    10.15 Game 2 Outlaws Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    10.30 Game 3 Wolves Vs Cubs Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    10.45 Game 4 Ice Tigers Vs Outlaws Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    11.00 Game 5 Ignite Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford
    11.15 Game 6 Dekstars Vs Cubs Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    11.30 Game 7 Outlaws Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    11.45 Game 8 Ice Tigers Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford
    12.00 Game 9 West London Vs Dekstars Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    12.15 Game 10 Cubs Vs Outlaws Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    12.30 Game 11 Wolves Vs West London Dave Rutherford
    12.45 Game 12 Dekstars Vs Ice Tigers Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    13.00 Game 13 Ignite Vs West London Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    13.15 Game 14 Outlaws Vs Dekstars Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    13.30 Game 15 West London Vs Cubs Gaz Roebuck
    13.45 Game 16 Wolves Vs Ice Tigers Dave Rutherford
    14.00 Game 17 Ignite Vs Dekstars Karl Wilson Gaz Roebuck
    14.15 Game 18 West London Vs Outlaws Gaz Roebuck
    14.30 Game 19 Cubs Vs Ignite Dave Rutherford Karl Wilson
    14.45 Game 20 Dekstars Vs Wolves Dave Rutherford
    15.00 Game 21 Ice Tigers Vs West London Gaz Roebuck
    Break
    15.30 Semi 1 Vs Dave Rutherford TBC
    16.00 Semi 2 Vs Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck
    Break
    16.30 Final Vs Dave Rutherford Gaz Roebuck

Rob has given us a late start, so could you all be there by about 10:30 at the latest. Thanks.

looks like a long day for me Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:33 am