NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

3 posters

Meeting Minutes

kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Meeting Minutes Empty Meeting Minutes

Post  kingy Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Minutes of North East Dekstars Dek Hockey Meeting 11/04/2010

Present: Kingy, Leafy, Bazza, Helen, Grabham, Warrior, Magpie, Tazz, Ali Cree, Deano, Leafsfan, Pope, Lynchio, Christine, Freakshow, Ross, Redwing,Oddity, Bic, Capt Spalding.

1) Election of Committee
    It was decided that only 3 positions would be created at this time, Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Volunteers stepped forward, there were no objections. They are as follows:

Chair – Barry Perryman (“Bazza”)
    Secretary – Paul King (“Kingy”)
    Treasurer – Helen Grabham, deputised by Christine Lynch

2) Constitution
    A draft Constitution was proposed by Kingy and voted unanimously to accept this and implement it with immediate effect. The club is now constitutionalised.

3) Tournament Team Selection
    It was agreed that selection would initially be based upon an A Team to be chosen by the Selection Committee (yet to be formed) with any remaining slots given to B team players and lastly to non-regulars or non-members who come forward. Regardless of ability, non-regulars would not be chosen over regular members without prior consent.

4) Membership Fees
    A decision was deferred until after the club has arranged a bank account. Helen and Christine to organise this immediately after the Constitution is published.

5) Goals and Objectives
    No specific objectives were discussed as time was short. It is proposed to initially follow those in the constitution, pending review.

6) Practice Session Format
    An open discussion took place, with various avenues discussed. Generally, it was accepted that a move to regular practice using a ball is preferred and desirable with regards to progression of the team in competition, but that the current venue is unsuitable for contact games and games with a ball. It was decided to pursue alternative venue arrangements, but at this time, the objective was not assigned to an individual. Members should look out for potential venues for future discussion.

The structure of regular weekly training sessions was also discussed, with the need for a bench coach during competitive games raised. Redwing offered to do some coaching at practice, working on positional play etc. and this was considered to be a good idea., with the preferred option being to use the first half hour of 2-hour sessions to further this, preferably on a monthly basis.

Bazza mentioned the need for members to work on fitness away from the court, taking a run for an hour once a week as an example, in order to improve fitness in preparation for matches.

7) Other Business
    Grabham mentioned there were upcoming tournaments planned and that other teams had expressed an interest in playing the Dekstars in home and away competition. At this time it seems prudent for Grabham to continue his unofficial role as fixtures officer, pending a decision on required positions within the club.
    The constitution is to be published within 1 week and a bank account set up ASAP. A further meeting will then be arranged to discuss the way forward.

Minutes Produced By Paul King, Club Secretary.
    Distribution: Dekstars Forum, File.

Any corrections / additions- please contact the writer.
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Meeting Minutes Empty Re: Meeting Minutes

Post  Pope Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Just to point out I wasn't at the meeting, or not that I know of anyway Very Happy

If we are going down the ball route full time, I think it's highly likely that I'll be following Dave in retiring from officiating. I would come do a Tasker and come back for any puck games though Laughing
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:21 pm

I'll ammend it mate. As nobody took a register of who was there, I was relying on memory and the signup list!
    REDWING
    REDWING

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Post  REDWING Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm

If I am available for tournaments I will be happy to Bench coach, don't think I can contribute much on the rink any way so play to your strengths I say What a Face

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:07 am