NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+17
deano
Pope
MartyE
Helen
Rossco
kingy
REDWING
leafsfan32
oddity
Mrs L
Bazza
Warrior81
jgrabham
freakshow
Leafy
captain spalding
ali cree
21 posters

SUNDAY 9TH MAY DEK DAY

Bazza

Number of posts : 286
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

SUNDAY 9TH MAY DEK DAY - Page 3 Empty Re: SUNDAY 9TH MAY DEK DAY

Post  Bazza Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Helen wrote:
    lynchio wrote:
    Helen wrote:
    ali cree wrote:Alexandra maxwell is in (grabhams new sextoy)

????????

I think he means James, not you Helen........ Razz

Well I hope so, but I haven't heard about this one!!!

You will!!!!
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post  ali cree Sun May 09, 2010 6:13 am

Good session everyone. Good to see so many people attending both the fitness session and workshop.

Can you post on here what you would like to work on next week and I can plan a session around that. If you would rather pm me please so especially if there is something you would like to develop individually.

Once again please post your names asap for the discussed wednesday session and for dek day part 2 next sunday.

Heads up to people who have taken todays session badly and look forward to the new challenge of next week.
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Sun May 09, 2010 8:51 am

What's the Wednesday session Ali?
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Sun May 09, 2010 8:59 am

Awesome session today, I'm narked that I can't make next Sunday but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Could you reconsider putting Speedy Gonzales at the front of the queue for the jog next time I attend.

Think some work could go into theory behind line change, but it will be difficult to put into practice at Walker. Thought the 90 second line changes are an excellent idea but so frustrating when you're pressurising the opposition.
    Warrior81

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Warrior81 Sun May 09, 2010 9:18 am

[quote="Bazza"]Awesome session today, I'm narked that I can't make next Sunday but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Could you reconsider putting Speedy Gonzales at the front of the queue for the jog next time I attend.

Think some work could go into theory behind line change, but it will be difficult to put into practice at Walker. Thought the 90 second line changes are an excellent idea but so frustrating when you're pressurising the opposition.[/quot

+1 I think the line changes will come. So will the lines working together if we keep going.
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post  Pope Sun May 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Work on line changes would be good, there were some shockers at both ends today Laughing

Also what's the score on swearing? It's been mentioned a couple of times. If we hear it should it be a penalty? I'm happy to call it, but want everyone aware if it's the case before it happens.
    Robbo

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post  Robbo Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 pm

If we're not allowed to swear in Rotherham then we should definately work on that Laughing . I know I was one of the worst offenders today but considering we are all on the same side there was quite a lot of uncalled for dirtiness going on. I will however, try not to swear from now on.
    Pope

Post  Pope Sun May 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Robbo wrote:If we're not allowed to swear in Rotherham then we should definately work on that Laughing . I know I was one of the worst offenders today but considering we are all on the same side there was quite a lot of uncalled for dirtiness going on. I will however, try not to swear from now on.
    It's something that has been talked about for a few weeks now, mainly due to the talk of getting U16/18 teams set up. Personally on swearing I don't give a ****, but am happy to enforce penalties if that's what is wanted.
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 am

Warrior81 wrote:
    Think some work could go into theory behind line change, but it will be difficult to put into practice at Walker. Thought the 90 second line changes are an excellent idea but so frustrating when you're pressurising the opposition.[/quot

+1 I think the line changes will come. So will the lines working together if we keep going.

early days yet getting used to changes which was very evident on the first calls for change, the whites bench guys upon hearing the whistle rushed onto the court before the line being replaced had moved towards the bench Laughing

could have/should have blown for to many men but gave you guys some leniency as you need to adjust to it
    Very Happy
    it will be more enforced though in the coming weeks Twisted Evil
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 am

I don't think swearing should be a penalty, that's crazy. Swearing aggressively / threateningly at someone is one thing, but 'conversational' swearing or cursing in general is another matter for me. If it's an issue, then people should get an informal warning to tone it down and if they don't, then maybe a misconduct as a last resort. It's a game played by adults, adult language is inevitable.

I work in an industrial environment and it's pretty much par for the course, it's pretty much automatic for me at times and in the heat of the game, you've no chance of me controlling it. Having lived with a couple of cockneys for 8 months in Saudi, it took a good six months to train myself just to stop using the c word! Handing me penalties for bad language will probably just result in even more (comitted) bad language, I probably won't be able to help it!

If it gets a bit much, have a word with people, as was done with Robbo on Sunday, don't be handing out penalties for that shit, it's just sad.

Also, the whole under 18's playing part- come on, kids swear far worse in the schoolyard than we do on the court.
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

Post  Helen Mon May 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Maybe some swearing is more acceptable than others? I would suggest no 'f' or 'c' words?
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Mon May 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Helen wrote:Maybe some swearing is more acceptable than others? I would suggest no 'f' or 'c' words?

And young James decides to quit hockey...
    Pope

Post  Pope Mon May 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Helen wrote:Maybe some swearing is more acceptable than others? I would suggest no 'f' or 'c' words?
    Anyone uses the C word and they'll be out the game anyway. I don't like people calling me a cheat Very Happy
    Bazza

Post  Bazza Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Pope wrote:
    Anyone uses the C word and they'll be out the game anyway. I don't like people calling me a cheat Very Happy

AAAARGGGHH MUST NOT RISE TO THE BAIT!!!
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Mon May 10, 2010 2:55 pm

On what grounds are we suggesting censoring the membership?

I'm all for team spirit and all that, but what's next? Mind control?
    Pope

Post  Pope Mon May 10, 2010 3:03 pm

kingy wrote:On what grounds are we suggesting censoring the membership?

As I say from a personal point of view it really doesn't bother me. If someone goes over the top I would call a penalty but it takes a lot to bother me so it's not happened yet. It has been suggested a few times though, so I just need to know what's accepted and what's not. Thats up to you guys though!
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Pope wrote:
    kingy wrote:On what grounds are we suggesting censoring the membership?

As I say from a personal point of view it really doesn't bother me. If someone goes over the top I would call a penalty but it takes a lot to bother me so it's not happened yet. It has been suggested a few times though, so I just need to know what's accepted and what's not. Thats up to you guys though!

How about we leave it to the ref's discretion?

If it gets really out of hand then we can have a look at a code of conduct or something.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:23 pm