NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+12
leafsfan32
Helen
sugra6
Mrs L
deano
Magpie
Bazza
captain spalding
kingy
Pope
lynchio
ali cree
16 posters

TEAM MEETING

Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

TEAM MEETING - Page 2 Empty Re: TEAM MEETING

Post  Helen Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Pope wrote:
    small but deadly wrote:So...Wheres it gonna be at? some of us have other plans to make around it you know tongue
    Well does anyone want to suggest a venue that we'll get a big group around a table? I really don't care where it is as long as I can get a pint.

What about the Corner House? Last time we went there, there seemed to be plenty of room.
    Pope

Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-09-08

Post  Pope Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Helen wrote:
    Pope wrote:
    small but deadly wrote:So...Wheres it gonna be at? some of us have other plans to make around it you know tongue
    Well does anyone want to suggest a venue that we'll get a big group around a table? I really don't care where it is as long as I can get a pint.

What about the Corner House? Last time we went there, there seemed to be plenty of room.
    You would pick a bar I hate Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen

Post  Helen Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Pope wrote:
    Helen wrote:
    Pope wrote:

You would pick a bar I hate Very Happy

Soz. Being a southerner from Durham (and beyond), I'm a bit lacking in knowledge of spacious pubs in Newcastle on a Sunday lunchtime! drunken
    ali cree
    ali cree

Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

TEAM MEETING - Page 2 Empty TEAM MEETING BOOKED AT CORNER HOUSE

Post  ali cree Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 am

Guys I have booked the corner house as the globe are def not doing food.

Booking made for 12 for people wishing food and then we can discuss everything after.

Let me know if anyone else is coming along as they will add more seats/tables.
    Helen
    Helen

Post  Helen Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:33 am

The boy and me (and Deano if he wants a lift home!)
    captain spalding

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post  captain spalding Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 pm

what about those of us who don't want food. Does that mean the meeting doesn't start till after 1?
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:13 pm

captain spalding wrote:what about those of us who don't want food. Does that mean the meeting doesn't start till after 1?
    Indeed, can we wrap up the meeting first?
    ali cree
    ali cree

Post  ali cree Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Indeed meeting first guys or I'm sure people can eat while we talk if they order before hand. But a 12pm start would be appreciated.
    Robbo

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post  Robbo Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm

12 is great. So is food, doesn't matter when, sooner the better after Dek!!
    deano
    deano

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-11-12

Post  deano Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Helen wrote:The boy and me (and Deano if he wants a lift home!)

i will be there as i will need a lift back helen
    Warrior81

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post  Warrior81 Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 am

Couldn't make the meeting guys but was just wondering what the outcome was? Is anyone going to be posting any minutes.

Cheers

David (Warrior)

Hopefully will be able to get along ao a few games soon.
    ali cree
    ali cree

Post  ali cree Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 am

Warrior and others not in attendance. I will post minutes later to keep everyone updated.

Ali
    MartyE
    MartyE

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

Post  MartyE Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:38 am

ali cree wrote:Warrior and others not in attendance. I will post minutes later to keep everyone updated.

Ali
    Are these going to appear soon?
    ali cree
    ali cree

TEAM MEETING - Page 2 Empty TEAM MEETING NOTES

Post  ali cree Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:55 am

ß FUN / DEVELOPMENT

Why was Dek started in the North East by he original members?
    Dek was started as a recreational get together for friends.
    How do people feel about progression of the sport?
    Most people in attendance were interested in progressing the sport at a higher level.
    Keep fun element and other team established to provide development?
    A development team will look at an additional training on a midweek night, potentially a Wednesday and would play with a ball as opposed to a puck.

ü UPCOMING TOURNAMENT

Rotherham 13th September: Date changed due to fixtures/availability.
    Following the meeting the date could not be changed and is set as 13/09/09. The tournament will start at 10:00am and both Dekstars teams would play their games first to allow an early departure for season ticket holders.
    Longer games or potentially more teams.
    Game time has not been decided but will be on confirmation of number of teams. Rob Clayton would like confirmation of team numbers asap. 8 potential teams are lined up to play.
    How many teams could we provide?
    We agreed that we could potentially look at 2 teams to compete.
    University Teams?
    If original Dekstars members provide enough players a Northumbria Uni team could also be pulled together. At present Uni players will need to play as part of the dekstars due to lack of numbers.
    Recreational Teams?
    Initial links with rec teams need to be established first. I have posted on NEIH to get interest.
    Senior Hockey Teams? (ENL)
    Initial links with senior teams need to be established first. I have posted on NEIH to get interest and have a friendly lined up with U18’S/ ENL TBC
    Progression of Puck to Ball / Equipment needed.
    All agreed that in general helmets may be essential shortly as injury risk is getting higher due to everyones ability level rising. Venues would also look at helmets being worn as part of their in house policies. Puck hockey will be played at all basic sessions (Lightfoot) and ball hockey at development sessions.

ü TOURNAMENT TEAMS

How do we split?
    We decided that teams will be split fairly and balanced as opposed to an A and B team at present.
    Development Team and Amateur Team? NA
    Draw made allowing the split in teams? NA
    2/3 Equal strength Teams? YES

ü WEEKLY TRAINING

What should be covered in the weekly training? (This will differ if we are obviously developing or playing for fun.)
    Set Plays, Game Plans, PP, PK, Lines?
    Sunday session will be set as a fun scrimmage session until closer to upcoming games / tournaments. At this tme prior to tournaments we have agreed that chosen teams will work together to get used to teams/ styles 4 on 4 before moving to Hebburn to work on other tactics 5 on 5 prior to games / tournaments.

ü ADDITIONAL TRAINING

Would members be interested in an additional training (weekly or biweekly or monthly) perhaps this could be the development team.
    Biweekly session agreed at present.
    This could also be a ball hockey session at Hebburn Sports Centre if ball is permitted.
    Hebburn is not available at any time through the week. Can I have some other suggestions for a venue for the development session?

ü PROMOTION OF THE SPORT / RECRUITMENT DRIVE

Do members feel that they would be interested in promotion of the sport within the North East / UK?
    Players have already shown an interest in promoting the sport and this will continue where possible.
    Would this have to be a cost effective publicity or could we do this via other links i.e. Junior / Senior Hockey, University Hockey, Recreational Hockey and with Ice Hockey Fans within the North East / UK?
    Ice hockey teams have been contacted and I will propose a elite team supporters club style tournament with other supporters clubs. (Cardiff 5th/6th September?)
    Facebook, Website etc
    Open day held in the past was this a success?
    Open day was a success and as many as 6 members came from that open day.
    How many members started due to this? As above
    Road Shows using Multi Use Games Areas? To be discussed further.
    Invite Spectators along to view for themselves?
    We will actively try and promote our games and get spectators involved.
    Interview / Articles regarding Ball Hockey World Championships?
    Kevin has spoke to me about potentially doing an article for the Vipers Website which I could also put to Lee Ryder (Chronicle). Maybe paddy could do an interview which could be best to get other teams in elite interested.

ü INTERNATIONAL STREET AND BALL HOCKEY FEDERATION

President Dominic Di Gironimo passes on his thanks and admiration to Team UK at the World Ball Hockey Championships in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
    Very pleased at the recent Apollo Cup and links between North and South Teams.
    Astonished at VCF and other elite teams promotion of sport to schools.
    This year Team UK had 8 eligible players playing as part of their Championship team. Although results were bad UK tried development compared to the other teams in both pool A and B.
    More players will be needed in 2 years time for the World Championships in Slovakia. Team UK had a roster of 15 last year but would be aiming for 25 plus 2 goalies.
    Association will be getting established shortly between ISBHF and founder members Carl Wood (President), Marline Carr, Rob Clayton and Ali Cree.
    Potential for UK to hold the 2010 European Championships. I am looking at potential venues in the UK. (Braehead / Paisley) We have established that this will not be possible until a couple of years. See potential venue below.

ü POTENTIAL VENUE

Are their any contacts within our group for potential rink developments?
    Community based funding. Martin / Liz have links within the group.
    Basic rent free building for 3 years (Team Valley)
    Portable rink at present which would be added to for corners to be completed.
    Basic progression similar to Virtual Ice.
    Usage: Ball Hockey, Roller Hockey, Disability Sport and five a side football.

Guys my actions follow on from most of the questions. They were highlighted but it wont let me post them on here like that when I copy and paste. Please feel free to discuss.

Ali
    Warrior81

Post  Warrior81 Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 am

Looks like we could be heading into the right direction for playing more competitivley which I am all up for. Only problem for me at the moment is availability to go along to the developmental sessions on a Wednesday with the little one just coming along. On the same note I well up for going down to Rotherham 'Charlie' allowing.
    Warrior81

Post  Warrior81 Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:10 am

Also with regards to trying and getting a game or two with any other local teams, I will again try and tempt the 'Whitley Wobblers' (a bunch of Warrior fans that play Roller Hockey together on a Wednesday night at Marden) into a game, they weren't so keen to be getting up early Sunday morning and playing, also playing hockey without skates. I will suggest that we go down to Marden on a Wednesday night and see what they think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:29 pm