NE Dekstars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NE Dekstars

The new home of the North East Dekstars forum

+10
Mrs L
Warrior81
small but deadly
Craggles
Magpie
Helen
lynchio
Bazza
kingy
DWD
14 posters

The future of Dek - Meeting notes

lynchio
    lynchio

Number of posts : 443
    Registration date : 2008-09-07

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 Empty Re: The future of Dek - Meeting notes

Post  lynchio Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:56 am

April 15th 2007

http://www.neicehockey.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=11366&st=150

Think Pope was looking for it too. (EDIT - Damn it he beat me!!!)

Something quite light hearted looking at the social and fitness benefits side of it rather than the competitiveness for now.
    Prob about 250 words I think thats 1 page in the programme
    frank

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2008-09-11

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 Empty Re: The future of Dek - Meeting notes

Post  frank Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Count me in for any help at the game on the 16th, wont be at this weekends game and i am available to help on the 23rd, also think DWD idea to have a meeting before or after a vipers game, as said a kind of AGM so everyone can air their views on what the problems may be and the best way forward.

Frank
    Bazza

Number of posts : 286

Post  Bazza Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Might be a good idea to point out that we play strictly non contact as some may be put off if they think theyre gonna get nailed because they're the newbie?
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97

Post  Helen Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Do we just hand out flyers at the MRA or do we have a table? If so maybe Dave could print some of his photos nice and big to display. I know there were loads of the Rotherham games!
    Magpie
    Magpie

Number of posts : 201
    Registration date : 2008-09-09

Post  Magpie Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 am

Helen wrote:Do we just hand out flyers at the MRA or do we have a table? If so maybe Dave could print some of his photos nice and big to display. I know there were loads of the Rotherham games!

the quality was not very good Helen, was a brand new camera and first time i had used it.
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 am

Magpie wrote:
    Helen wrote:Do we just hand out flyers at the MRA or do we have a table? If so maybe Dave could print some of his photos nice and big to display. I know there were loads of the Rotherham games!

the quality was not very good Helen, was a brand new camera and first time i had used it.

Could you perhaps bring it this Sunday if the game is on?? Just waiting for confirmation from Mr Hellens then I'll book it.
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:07 am

Confirmed that we can also leaflet this Sunday.

I'll head down early and find out what the crack is with a table etc and then text anyone who wants to take part. Please text me on 07812015599 with your name and I will text you on Sunday with details
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Big Screen Ad..... maybe someone could print something similar to put up around the arena????

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 1

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 2

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 3

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 4

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 5

Comments???

Yes I know I am up at a stupid time in the morning

They are all the same size so don't know why its showing like it is on here.......
    REDWING
    REDWING

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2008-09-25

Post  REDWING Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:21 am

lynchio wrote:I suggest we target the Vipers game on the 16th November with the intention of holding the open morning on the 23rd November (Vipers at home to ???? according to the website. That gives us a week and a bit to get sorted with a flyer and for me to speak to Ali about us having a corner in the arena.

Unfortunately that knocks me and the Cat out the Sunday Morning LTP is back during some of November. Cat and I have main responsibility for it so cannot get out of it - sorry

I will help any other way

G
    Helen
    Helen

Number of posts : 97

Post  Helen Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:37 am

lynchio wrote:Big Screen Ad..... maybe someone could print something similar to put up around the arena????

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 5

Comments???

Yes I know I am up at a stupid time in the morning

They are all the same size so don't know why its showing like it is on here.......

What about your Mrs and Gina? They don't come into any of those categories???? flower
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:18 am

It would get too long if I put old men, a couple of young ones that should be fitter and a couple of mental birds play dek hockey!
    lynchio
    lynchio

The future of Dek - Meeting notes - Page 2 Empty The future of Dek - Meeting notes

Post  lynchio Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Item 1 - A structure is to be put into place with a club secretary and 3 board members who will be responsible for decision making and keeping the club running.

Item 2 - Back to rules for posting names. Names need to be posted by Wednesday evening first 14 names play, Teams will be posted on a Friday. Anyone posting then not turning up will receive 3 warnings then will automatically go to the bottom of the names list the next 3 times they put their name down to play.

Item 3 - Points scoring, Outfield players score 1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist. Each goal will have only 1 assist. 1 Bonus point for getting more assists than goals in a game and 2 Bonus points for being on the winning team. Netminders start the game with 10 points and lose 1 point for each goal they concede. Again 2 Bonus points for winning. Referees will be provided with team sheets at the start of the game to complete either as game progresses or in period breaks. Scoring tables will be updated on a weekly basis.

Item 4 - 2 new rules to be introduced. Icing and Offside. Icing will be introduced in next weeks game, and will be defined as a puck cleared from inside own end to behind the opposition goal-line without being touched. It will be at the referees discretion if it was an attempted pass or just a blatant clearance. As with ice hockey an icing will result in a face off in your own zone. Offside will be introduced once ref and all players are comfortable with icing. Offside will be if a player crosses the half way line in the attacking direction before the puck. To activate the offside rule the puck must be played by an attacking player in the oppositions defensive half. (This isn't very clear but I will find an easier way to illustrate it before we implement it)

Item 5 - Price, The price per game will remain £3.50 and once the board has been appointed a bank account will be opened and any funds left over will be paid in. Funds can then be used to replace goalie equipment as and when is required, or to have a free month, or even to finance a Christmas meal or summer bbq or something similar.

Item 6 - Fixed Teams, it has been decided not to progress with fixed teams at this time.

Item 7 - Netminding- Christine has volunteered to play in goal permanently and I think the cat is the same. when either cannot play a strict rota will be followed. The rota will be in alphabetical order by username then by date joined (for newbies). If you miss the game when you are due to play in goal, you will automatically play in goal next time you play. Regardless of if you end up taking your turn out of sequence due to being unable to play the week of your turn the rota will remain in the same order. The order is as follows.
    Bazza
    Blood
    DWD
    frank
    freakshow
    grf53
    jgrabham
    kingy
    leafy
    lynchio
    oddity
    redwing
    warrior81

(Martye has been omitted for just now due to length of time played due to post op recovery)

Thanks for your time in reading this and please feel free to comment. However the decisions are pretty much finalised. I will be starting a thread for secretary and board nominations. Please feel free to volunteer where you can.

Lynchio
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2008-09-18

Post  kingy Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Further rule suggestion..... enforced substitution. Where a sub is available, a substitution will be made at every stoppage, except for icing, where the icing team will not be allowed a substitution.

I suggest that we keep an eye on rotation over the next few weeks and if people don't rotate fairly, introduce this. Potential immediate introduction- team members will rotate in fixed order.
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:27 pm

kingy wrote:Further rule suggestion..... enforced substitution. Where a sub is available, a substitution will be made at every stoppage, except for icing, where the icing team will not be allowed a substitution.

I suggest that we keep an eye on rotation over the next few weeks and if people don't rotate fairly, introduce this. Potential immediate introduction- team members will rotate in fixed order.

Yep agree with this.

OFF TOPIC - I'm going to have to change the scheme of this forum I really hate the way it is now! Suspect
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:38 am

Would it be helpful to reffing if the players posted their shirt numbers the day before to ensure there are no clashes, allowing the refs to just record numbers against goals and assists columns, then nobody would have to do a weekly teamsheet, we'd just need one game sheet photocopied many times?

Various ways to tackle it, but something will need to be documented.

Not sure how easily icing will be implemented, but I can see offside being easy enough if we use the half way line- Each ref gets his own half of the court and then stands at the half way line when the puck is in the other half.
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:54 am

Icing is the slightly easier to call because of the way we want the rule to work, will explain it when I see you next Kingy.

The day before each game I will be printing off a game sheet that basically requires a tally to be kept in 5 bar gate format and will either be completed by a "fan" Shocked or by the ref's as the game goes on, or even by one of the subs.
    kingy
    kingy
    Admin

Post  kingy Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 am

Wow, sounds like its all in hand!
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:07 am

I do sometimes have my uses. Sleep

The gamesheet is sitting on my desk right in front of me!!! I'm really looking forward to playing this week which probably means I will play shite! Embarassed
    Markymark
    Markymark

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2008-11-19

Post  Markymark Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Item 7 - Netminding- Christine has volunteered to play in goal permanently and I think the cat is the same. when either cannot play a strict rota will be followed. The rota will be in alphabetical order by username then by date joined (for newbies). If you miss the game when you are due to play in goal, you will automatically play in goal next time you play. Regardless of if you end up taking your turn out of sequence due to being unable to play the week of your turn the rota will remain in the same order. The order is as follows.
    Bazza
    Blood
    DWD
    frank
    freakshow
    grf53
    jgrabham
    kingy
    leafy
    lynchio
    oddity
    redwing
    warrior81

(Martye has been omitted for just now due to length of time played due to post op recovery)

Thanks for your time in reading this and please feel free to comment. However the decisions are pretty much finalised. I will be starting a thread for secretary and board nominations. Please feel free to volunteer where you can.

thanks for missing me out Very Happy
    lynchio
    lynchio

Post  lynchio Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Markymark wrote:Item 7 - Netminding- Christine has volunteered to play in goal permanently and I think the cat is the same. when either cannot play a strict rota will be followed. The rota will be in alphabetical order by username then by date joined (for newbies). If you miss the game when you are due to play in goal, you will automatically play in goal next time you play. Regardless of if you end up taking your turn out of sequence due to being unable to play the week of your turn the rota will remain in the same order. The order is as follows.
    Bazza
    Blood
    DWD
    frank
    freakshow
    grf53
    jgrabham
    kingy
    leafy
    lynchio
    oddity
    redwing
    warrior81
    Dean
    JoeBell9 (or whatever he is calling himself this week What a Face )
    MarkyMark

You came under the list of long term injured mate. You'll be added onto the bottom of the list now!!!
    Markymark
    Markymark

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2008-11-19

Post  Markymark Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 am

lynchio wrote:
    Markymark wrote:Item 7 - Netminding- Christine has volunteered to play in goal permanently and I think the cat is the same. when either cannot play a strict rota will be followed. The rota will be in alphabetical order by username then by date joined (for newbies). If you miss the game when you are due to play in goal, you will automatically play in goal next time you play. Regardless of if you end up taking your turn out of sequence due to being unable to play the week of your turn the rota will remain in the same order. The order is as follows.
    Bazza
    Blood
    DWD
    frank
    freakshow
    grf53
    jgrabham
    kingy
    leafy
    lynchio
    oddity
    redwing
    warrior81
    Dean
    JoeBell9 (or whatever he is calling himself this week What a Face )
    MarkyMark

You came under the list of long term injured mate. You'll be added onto the bottom of the list now!!!

gee thanks Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:30 pm